Ayurveda Cooking Workshop: A six-day awesome workshop where you learn how to ‘cook the Ayurveda style’ and heal your body through healthy food!
When I told a few of my friends that I am taking this Ayurveda Cooking Workshop, they gave me such hilarious looks, I wish I could share them with you! 😀 I went ahead and did the course. And like all the courses I did from Art of Living, this was amazing too! To my surprise, it was not just about cooking but about Ayurveda and maintaining our health via balancing our diet.
I feel incredibly blessed to be born on this land of knowledge. I felt grateful about getting the opportunity to do the course after learning about a fellow participant who flew from Canada to take this Ayurveda Cooking Workshop! Seriously! And, I just had to take an auto to reach the venue! #Blessed.
What is Ayurveda?
Ayu is life and Veda means knowledge. So, ‘Knowledge of Life’ is Ayurveda!
What Is Ayurvedic Cooking?
Consuming the right food is extremely important to live a healthy lifestyle. It is said that, food and sex are the strongest impressions on a human mind because that stays with us through life times! We eat almost 3 to 4 times a day or may be more. So, it is important that we put in something that benefits our body and system, helping it sustain for long! And, as the Hindi saying goes ‘Jaisa Ann Vaisa Mann’ !!
Ayurvedic food is nothing but having our regular vegetables and fruits in a way that their maximum nutrients are retained while we consume them. This helps us to gain majority of the essential nutrients and minerals of the food that we eat and not lose them out while cooking. Ayurveda style food is not only super healthy but also extremely tasty! As they say, it satisfies all our five senses!
According to Ayurveda, there are three main ‘Prakritis’ viz. Vatta, Pitta and Kapha in all of us. Each one of us has one or two of these Prakritis dominant in our system. Ayurveda helps us understand the dominant Prakriti of our body. If we eat according to what is most suitable to our type or Prakriti, then we get maximum benefit of it.
There are three types of Food that have different effects on our body, breath and mind:
- Satvik: That which brings positivity, health, clarity, harmony and balance. It is the best type!
- Rajasik: That which induces action. This type includes all the fried and spicy food so it is considered less appropriate.
- Tamsik: This is the type which we need to avoid completely. This type of food if eaten brings inertia, dullness, resistance and grounding.
Most of the diseases are caused by improper eating or inadequate diet. So, Ayurveda Cooking helps to balance and maintain good health and heal through food.
The course surprisingly was not just about cooking. It was super knowledgeable and educative!
- Knowledge about Ayurveda
- How to deal with health problems through food
- Practical demonstrations of correct food preparation techniques
- Diet plan according to body constitution
- Substitutes for refined products
- Home remedies
- Recipe book & certificate of participation
- Better mood control
- Freedom from depression and anxiety
- Increased Energy Levels
- Feeling comfortable with oneself
- A sense of well-being
- Sustained feelings of calmness and relaxation
- Health and wellness
Luckily, we got to learn from one of the best teachers from the Art of Living, Kaushani Desai. She is an experienced and international faculty who takes these workshops worldwide. Her courses are always in super demand and it’s difficult to get her dates. She has authored many successful cook books and been as a Guest Chef on Cook Shows.
Her cook book : Satwa The Ayurvedic Cook Book
Wasn’t it fascinating knowing about this course? Do let me know how did you like the idea of Ayurveda Cooking in the comments below! I would love to know!
Here is what I tried making! (It is the easiest among all the given recipes!) 😀
Connect with me for regular doses of inspiration, happiness and chic lifestyle articles: 🙂
- write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscribe: Get on to the email list and avail access to a lot more interesting bunch of things & Free Give Aways!
Main image credit: Fox News