Best Lipsticks for winters with Makeup Artist Vinali Pal!
So, the best season of the year is here! Yes, I am talking about Winters (With a big smile 😊) It is that time of the year when your skin is in its best possible condition! All those who have oily skin can relate! (Sorry dry skin people :P) I live in Mumbai, India so it’s not very cold here but yes, pleasant most of the times and I love it! Since December has arrived already and the party season is about to begin with Christmas and New Year just around the corner, it is a great time to talk about best lipsticks in winters and some beauty hacks! Needless to say, lipsticks can instantly glam up your look within no time and make you party ready!
So, I collaborated with my friend Vinali Pal who is a professional makeup artist to bring you the best shades for winters! Winters are mostly about vampy and bold shades but since most of us are not comfortable carrying it, we can always look for alternatives that are best at this time. The list below is an amalgamation of both nude and bold shades.
Here we have listed five of the popular lipsticks for winters so let’s check each one out right away!
- Perfect Red for the Winter/ Fall, it is a blue-based red.
- Best for weddings, parties, dates, outings and more.
- Works best with fair, mostly lighter Indian skin tones.
- Steal deal, with decent amount of product, good quality at just INR 550/-
Get it here from Amazon: PAC Retro Matte Gloss (Hotila)
- It is a nude shade with a dusky pink and Brown undertone i.e. a tinge of brown. It is suitable for all Indian skin tones.
- It is Opaque, Transfer proof, and is Smudge-proof.
- This liquid lipstick takes around a minute to dry and sits matte on the lips. It does not feel very heavy on the lips.
- Good Longevity (at least 6 hrs. without eating)
- Good quality, steal deal for 6.5 ml product at INR 550/-
Get it here from Amazon: PAC Retro Matte Gloss – 07 (6.5ml)
- Chocolate Brown Shade with a slight hint of pink. It is a perfect everyday shade that can be worn to college, casual outings and office as well. It is best for people like me who are not very comfortable carrying darker vampy shades.
- Transfer proof, Smudge-proof, Opaque, Matte finish
- Feels comfortable on the lips and stays long for around 4 hrs.
- The only drawback is that after applying, it takes around 3-5 minutes to dry. Not that pocket-friendly, decent amount of product but really good quality.
- It contains 6 ml product for INR 845/-
Get it here from Amazon: Chambor Extreme Wear Transferproof Liquid Lipstick
- Dark Brinjal Purple Color. It looks really vampy, fierce and bold.
- Definitely not apt for offices or any formal event. It is an ultimate party lip shade for those, who want rock that bold look.
- Does transfer although a very negligible amount. It lasts longer for around 3 to 4 hours minimum.
- Liquid Cream Lipstick, while applying it’s creamy but after a minute it sits matte, feels like nothing on the lips.
- The only major drawback of this shade is that it’s streaky and patchy, so it takes around 4 to 5 strokes to build the color. Things can work better when applied with the lip liner.
- It’s buildable enough for those who want to have dark lips but not too vampy. Otherwise, the overall NYX SMLC range is amazing and not streaky.
- Pretty good amount of product, average quality but pocket-friendly. It is INR 600 for 8 ml of product.
Get it here from Amazon: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream: Transylvania
- Super Dark Burgundy Brown Shade. Again, it is vampy, fierce and bold.
- It is a bold yet beautiful colour for the party season.
- Pretty good amount of product, average quality but pocket-friendly. It is INR 550 for 8 ml of product.
Get it here from Amazon: PAC Retro Matte Gloss: Corrupt
- Use lip balm or lip moisturizer before applying any liquid lipstick otherwise your lips will tend to dry.
- Dab off the excess in a tissue and then apply the shade appropriately enhancing the shape of your lips.
- Always make it a point to remove your lipstick with help of makeup remover before going to bed. The best homemade makeup remover is warm coconut oil which most of us usually have in our homes.
Have a look at the round-up of all the lip shades covered:
P.S. Follow Vinali on Instagram for more such interesting updates: @mua_blissvinali
All the lipsticks mentioned above are some of the best lipsticks for winters. Hope you loved knowing each shade in detail. Vinali and I are planning to do another lipstick for winters series part 2 blog where we will talk about lip shades that are slightly on the lower price ends just for you! 😊 So, watch this space! You can subscribe to the blog for regular updates! (I don’t spam, promise!)
If you have any queries please feel free to post it in the comments below 🙂
Connect with me for regular doses of inspiration, happiness, and chic lifestyle articles: 🙂
Ping and say Hi!
- write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscribe: Get onto the email list and avail access to a lot more interesting bunch of things & Free Give-Aways!