Why should you meditate? – Scientific and Powerful Reasons
More and more people are opting a better lifestyle and moving towards a stress free life with meditation, yoga and breathing exercises. Several successful business personals, entrepreneurs and life coaches across the globe have inculcated it into their routine. Before we get into the reasons and benefits of Meditation, let me briefly throw light on the very basic concept of meditation.
What is Meditation:
Meditation is said to be the food for the soul. The ultimate relaxation technique for the mind, body and soul. I love how Spiritual Leader H. H. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar puts it, “Meditation is not concentration. It is de-concentration.” One need not put in effort to perform meditation, it is effortlessness. I will add a few links to free guided meditations and free apps at the end of this article for you to begin with. 🙂
Why should you meditate?
Without beating around the bush, let me answer this. You should meditate to be happy and let other’s around you be happy and in peace. This might be a bit direct for some but, doesn’t everything in life that we do is for happiness?
Meditation helps us to keep our mind calm, focused and relaxed. Meditation combined with a few warm up exercises is a complete nourishment for the mind, body and soul. Any work you wish to do in life will be done through your mind and body. Hence, it is the first and primary thing you must be taking care of. 🙂
Practicing just 20 minutes of meditation everyday can do wonders in your daily life. It will help you be more efficient and focused on your work, a happy and stress free mind spreads the same positive vibes. So, you have better relationships as you can deal with people around you better and effectively.
I have been practicing meditation for so many years now. And, I just developed my first quote: It reads, “Feeling happy after a deep meditation is an understatement.” You feel more than blessed, light and in a state in which everything just seems alright. 🙂
Reasons For Why should you meditate:
Here are a few of the many benefits of meditating daily:
- Calm and relaxed mind
- Reduced stress, anger and other forms of negativity
- Improved concentration
- Efficiency at work
- Clarity of perception and thoughts, thus a better ability to take decisions
- Enhancement in communication skills
- Blossoming of talents and hobbies
- A healthy and glowing skin
- Healing of the mind and body
- The ability to connect to an inner source of energy
- Relaxation, rejuvenation, and positivity
Few Tips for Beginners:
- If you can’t make time or become restless (common query) by the thought of mediation with closed eyes, start small. Begin with just taking out only 10 minutes from your schedule for yourself and just commence.
- It will be great if you wear loose and comfortable clothes while meditating
- Meditate on a relatively empty stomach. Hence, I prefer doing it in the morning. You can practice it anytime during the day. It is said that the hours of sunrise and sunset, are also ideal for the practice.
- It is advisable to start with light warm up and then go into mediation to get a deeper experience.
- Choose a convenient time, place and Aasana or mat. (A be simple cotton bedsheet will also work)
If you wish to know all the detailed scientific reasons to mediate, you can click here.
Download the Sattva App:
Symbol of the Sattva App that helps and inspires you to meditate everyday with free guided meditations, challenges, tips, trophies and more. This application can be easily downloaded by android and iOS users for free.
FREE Links of Guided Meditation:
For all the links, click here.
I am recently back from a 4-day residential Advance Meditation Program by the Art of Living Foundation which was taught by the founder H. H. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar himself! This was my seventh advance mediation and yoga course and, it was a one of a kind experience. Hence, I could not hold back from sharing the benefits of the practices that I have learnt throughout the years and this special program inspired me to write this article so as to share the benefit with all you lovely souls.
If you wish to know more about the Meditation and Yoga Courses by the Art of Living, please click HERE.
Kindly share the article and make more people smile 🙂 You can comment below for any questions. Also, I would love to hear your thoughts about meditation, do you practice it already or are planing to take up. Hopefully, the insights in the article have managed to answer the question: ‘Why should you meditate’ aptly and inspired you to begin taking baby steps towards a healthier lifestyle.
Connect with me for regular doses of inspiration, happiness and chic lifestyle articles: 🙂